BMC digital IT powers 82% of Fortune 500 companies
Better IT Operations and Service Desk communication for fast resolution
BMC Service Resolution helps modern IT organizations narrow the IT Operations – Service Desk communication and process gap by connecting monitoring and event intelligence with your service desk to prevent or resolve issues before they affect your business. With the power of BMC Service Resolution, IT organizations can:
- Reduce mean time to repair incidents by 70%
- Auto-resolve 40% more incidents
- Improve infrastructure incident volume and resolution by 360%
Integration and automation bridge the gapBMC Service Resolution connects your service desk with your performance monitoring solution to:
- Automatically generate and route incidents from TrueSight Operations Management to Remedy Service Management when performance issues are detected
- Trace issues directly to their source, so you don’t waste time hunting for the root cause
- Pinpoint the right resource, using advanced analytics, so incidents get to the right person on the first try
- Focus your resources on issues with the highest business priority
- Correlate multiple events with a single incident, reducing duplicate or redundant tickets
- Automatically generate service management unavailability records based on performance management outage policies
Three steps to faster, more accurate service resolution
IT organizations should employ a phased approach, integrating and automating event and impact management processes to reduce resolution time and improve the availability of business services.
Level 1: Event Incidents
Eliminate manual incident creation. Incident tickets are triggered when events are detected by your performance management solution.
Level 2: Infrastructure Incidents
Identify root cause and optimize ticket routing. Infrastructure performance issues trigger an incident ticket and associate it directly with specific configuration items in your configuration management database (CMDB).
Level 3: Application & Business Service Incidents
Understand and communicate business impact. If you’ve defined service or application models in your CMDB, incident tickets will be triggered whenever the availability of a particular business service is going to be impacted.
With BMC Service Resolution, IT organizations, at any stage in their maturity journey, are equipped to focus effort on the work that matters to the business while leveraging the true power of technology to improve visibility, collaboration and service quality.
Combine the power of BMC products
BMC TrueSight Operations Management monitors complex IT environments and analyzes diverse data to deliver actionable IT insight that helps you solve business problems.
BMC Discovery (formerly ADDM) automatically discovers data center inventory, configuration, and relationship data, and maps business applications to the IT infrastructure.
BMC Remedy Service Management Suite is an innovative service management platform built natively for mobile with an intuitive, beautiful, people-centric user experience that makes your whole organization more productive.